Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 protects the rights of individuals with handicaps. Public schools must provide accommodations and services for students with special needs. Students in preschool, elementary, secondary and adult education programs and activities may receive accommodations or services.
School districts must make reasonable accommodations to allow students an opportunity to successfully participate in school and school-related activities. It is not the intent of Section 504 to provide program(s) that are fundamentally different from existing opportunities.
If you would like to receive a more detailed explanation, please contact the appropriate building principal:
- Campbell Elementary - 755-2550 ext. 8899
- Churchill Elementary - 798-1276 ext. 8999
- Lincoln Park Elementary - 755-1257 ext. 8799
- Ross Park Elementary - 798-1773 ext. 8699
- Middle School - 759-8506 ext. 8590
- High School - 780-4711 ext. 8496