Mona Shores Public Schools is proud of the programs and services that are provided to meet the needs of students with disabilities. Parents are important members of the educational team that helps to determine the appropriate programs and services for their student. Mona Shores has developed a handbook as a resource to help you, as a parent, enter into a partnership by providing information and answers regarding special education programs and services.
Rules and guidelines for special education are not constant. The handbook serves as a tool to provide basic information and assist you in understanding the programs and academic supports within the district. Parents will have additional information available at meetings, conferences and in the Procedural Safeguards offered at all special education meetings.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Jennifer Briggs-Russell, Director
Parent & Student Resources
- Parent Advisory Committee (SEPAC) Information
- Mona Shores Special Education Parent Handbook
- Community Mental Health
- National Association of Physically Handicapped
- Disability Awareness Center for Independent Living
- Acronyms & Definitions
- Down Syndrome Association
- Special Education Revised Rules & Regulations
- Parent/Guardian Resources
- Michigan Early-On Program
- Child Find Program
- Learning Ally (services for the blind & dyslexic)
- Autism Society of America
- Michigan Department of Education Low Incidence Outreach
- Speech Milestones
- No More Sidelines
- College Resources for Special Needs Students